Women experience hair loss because of a number of reasons, such as pregnancy, stress, genetics or an illness. Another cause is Alopecia Areata, an autoimmune disorder which results in hair loss.
Women going through any type of hair loss becomes distraught about their changing appearance. Some are comfortable leading their life as someone without hair, but many seek out hair replacement studios to give them back what they have lost.
Unless you yourself have been through sudden and unexpected hair loss, it is nearly impossible to fully understand the emotions that a person must be experiencing. The process going from someone with hair, to someone losing their hair, to someone seeking hair replacement, is a sensitive and personal journey.
- Read more information on the forum…
- alopecia areata, totalis, and universalis
- telogen effluvium and chronic telogen effluvium
- polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)
- androgenetic alopecia (AGA)
- hypothyroid and hashimoto’s